[Discuss] BLU's SEO (Will Rico)

Hello Will,

Great to see you posting here.  =) You have been doing great work over
at the desktop SIG and it is awesome to see people enthusiastically
embracing the Linux desktop.  Your SEO/SEM knowlege is vast so I'm happy
to see you add some insights to this discussion.

> That being said, the two most important things are:
> 1.  Defining goals as Eric, Tom, Joseph and others have mentioned.
> 2.  Doing what's best for the user, which could be an ethical decision.

Agreed!  We should narrow this down.

> Both the in person activities and the increased posting of content will
> improve SEO as a side effect and that will be a good thing for everyone in
> terms of increased awareness and high quality information for the public at
> large.

Most definitely this is a powerful step forward but it really requires
moving toward a CMS like Wordpress or Drupal so anyone in the group who
wants to post important, relevant content can do so.

I would love to see if there are ways we can collaborate better and I'll
look forward to sitting down with you.

Thanks for weighing in and I hope to see you over at the desktop SIG!
Joseph Guarino
A+,CISSP,LPIC,MCSE2000-03,PMP,Healthcare IT+
Toastmasters ACS/CL
Evolutionary IT - Best Practice IT(tm)
Website: www.evolutionaryit.com
Blog: www.evolutionaryit.com/blog
Social Networks: network.evolutionaryit.com
888.404.5074 (Office)
617.953.9514 (Mobile)