[Discuss] an "Enterprise" Linux for desktop

On 11/25/2011 07:46 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
>> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
>> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of David Kramer
>>
>> But they didn't just change it; they removed functionality
>> with no way to get it back.  They didn't design it so there are advanced
>> features that are turned off by default.  They simply removed the
>> advanced features.
>
> Such as?

Putting icons on the desktop

Being able to put apps on the desktop of your choosing

Having more than one launch bar

Controlling the size of the icons on the launch bar

Being able to see the name and/or the description and/or icon in the
launcher (this is a big deal as so many apps have nearly identical icons
now)

The demo was a long time ago, but that's what I remember off the top of
my head.