security ofwireless keyboards

As I understand it, the Bluetooth specs include decent cryptography,
including a pass phrase mechanism that allows for reasonably long
pass phrases.

However, most peripheral vendors don't allow the user to supply
their own pass phrase, and instead hard-wire the pass phrase
at the factory, often to "0000".  They also try to shape consumer
expectations by calling it a "PIN" instead of a "pass phrase".