NAS devices

On Jun 3, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

> First of all, the only bad thing oracle has done with solaris 10 is to
> eliminate the free version of sol10, and require subscription in order to
> get updates for past installations.
>
> That does not affect opensolaris.

Oh, yes, it does.  Solaris 10, now Oracle Solaris, is based on OpenSolaris.  Much of what goes into that product comes from the community behind OpenSolaris.  That community is not entirely happy with Oracle right now.  Unhappy community = potential for bad times ahead.

Not saying that Oracle will pull the plug on OpenSolaris.  Just saying caveat emptor.

--Rich P.