aclocal problems

I am having problems compiling various programs and I think it has
something to do with aclocal/autoconf/automake which I'm not too
familiar with yet.  Below are some error messages.  Any ideas on how to
fix my configuration?  I am running Fedora FC3.  I updated gettext
(0.14.5), automake (1.9.5), and m4 (1.4.3).

Running libtoolize...
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
Running aclocal  ...
aclocal:configure.in:31: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in
library
Running autoheader...
autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
`config.h.bot'
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
`config.h.in'
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template
without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced,
see the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
Running automake --gnu  ...
tools/Makefile.am:38: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
tools/Makefile.am:38:
tools/Makefile.am:38: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
tools/Makefile.am:38: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf'
again.
Running autoconf ...
configure.in:31: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.

----------------------------

 cd . && /bin/sh /mysrc/xine/xine-ui/missing --run automake-1.9 --gnu
src/common/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
src/common/Makefile.am:1:
src/common/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/common/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
src/xitk/Imlib-light/Makefile.am:8: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL'
is undefined
src/xitk/Imlib-light/Makefile.am:8:
src/xitk/Imlib-light/Makefile.am:8: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is
to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/xitk/Imlib-light/Makefile.am:8: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal'
and `autoconf' again.
src/xitk/oxine/Makefile.am:9: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is
undefined
src/xitk/oxine/Makefile.am:9:
src/xitk/oxine/Makefile.am:9: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to
add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/xitk/oxine/Makefile.am:9: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
src/xitk/xine-toolkit/Makefile.am:17: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL'
is undefined
src/xitk/xine-toolkit/Makefile.am:17:
src/xitk/xine-toolkit/Makefile.am:17: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL'
is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/xitk/xine-toolkit/Makefile.am:17: to `configure.ac' and run
`aclocal' and `autoconf' again.