[Discuss] deadmanish login?

On 2/5/2017 11:47 AM, Kent Borg wrote:
> Do some arithmetic.

I'll do you one better and provide actual performance numbers:

~127 GH/s NTLM = Benchmark cracking speed i.e. 127 billion cracks per second
~26 GH/s SHA1 = Benchmark cracking speed i.e. 26 billion cracks per second
~31 MH/s md5crypt = Benchmark cracking speed i.e. 31 million cracks per
second

That's for a cheap, entry level Hashcat rig. A high end rig with 8x GTX
1080 GPUs can do, well, see for yourself:
https://gist.github.com/epixoip/a83d38f412b4737e99bbef804a270c40

As for how would someone use one (or five, or a dozen) of these to
attack your password algorithm? Hashcat combinator attack is how:
https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=combinator_attack

--
Rich P.