[Discuss] ubuntu unmounts my sdcard every time i suspend resume

barry goldman wrote:
> on this new asus 1015E computer that came installed with ubuntu
> (12.04?) i tried that and every time i suspend/resume, the system
> seems to unmount the card.

I don't know the answer to his, but as no one else has chimed in, I'll
offer a suggestion that you can look into: udev:

Create your own udev rules to control removable devices

In theory, udev is the place you go when you have hardware that isn't
responding as you'd expect when you resume from sleep/hibernate. udev is
the service that notices when an event happens, like resuming from
sleep, and then runs a bunch of rules to initialize hardware.

Creating a udev rule is not exactly user-friendly. I'm not aware of any
GUI wrappers for doing this. You may decide it isn't worth investing the
time to figure it out.

It is also possible that an exiting rule that is responsible for
mounting removable media just needs to be tweaked.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA