[Discuss] BLU's SEO

On 10/24/2013 11:05 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> Joseph Guarino wrote:
>> Hello Jerry/Rich/Everyone,
>>
>> I've got to agree with Jerry on this one.  The AMA defines it as:
>
> The American Marketing Association, a trade group that exists to
> promote marketing services and fight negative perceptions of marketing
> industries. I dunnow about you but that looks an awful lot like a
> conflict of interest to me, y'know? It's like asking the Direct
> Marketing Association to define "spam" and "cold call".

I think we all have our opinions on marketing,, and much marketing
focuses on differentiating a product with its competitors. Such as why
is Bayer Aspirin better than generic aspirin. We all know that sometimes
an inferior product can sell better than a superior one. Back in the
1970s, IBM's OS's (MVS, OS/VS1) were the market leaders but competitors
like Burroughs had technically better products. The same goes for
Microsoft Windows vs. Mac or Linux or Unix. I would agree with Richard
in that there is a lot of what we might consider unethical practices in
Marketing.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix