[Discuss] Using Grive to sync between linux, windows, and Google Drive

I don't know that this is "best" but it works for me.

I use EncFS to create encrypted stacked file systems and use Unison to
keep the underlying directories synchronized between nodes. The two
really nice things about this are that EncFS is portable and the
underlying data is always encrypted regardless of sync tools and
storage you use.

--
Rich P.