[Discuss] Ubuntu USB Drives appending _ to folder

Whenever this happens, the old directories will be on the root filesystem.
I suppose your script could check for that.

    mount | grep ' on /media/Nagios_Backup' | cut -d' ' -f3

will return the directory with the prefix "Nagios_Backup" that is actually
in use as a mount point.

PGP KeyID: 32A492D8 / Email: abreauj at gmail.com
PGP FP: 7834 AEC2 EFA3 565C A4B6 ?9BA4 0ACB AD85 32A4 92D8