[Discuss] Disk/Tape Eraser

The little RShack degauser ($14.99 + $10 S&H on ebay) works OK, just
can't get the flux density needed to penetrate ferious metal to any
distance.

Rather than one of those, go to somewhere that has BIG electric
motors, and while the motors are running, pass the drives back and
forth near the field coils a few times.  Then take the drive home and
try to read it.  It should work. ... By big motors, I am suggesting
25HP minimum, 100HP or larger preferred, so you won't find those
outside a real insustrial shop.

There is a hydro-electric plant near here (on the Cumberland River in
TN, it shares the dam with a lock so barges can navigate up and down
the river) that in the generator room near the generators might be
good too :)

Just more thoughts ... I can never seem to get everything in one
posting... sorry.