[Discuss] Disk/Tape Eraser

Some of the DoD wipe programs do a good job. A DD does not really wipe
the drive. Additionally, there is a hardware wipe on many of these
drives. A disk wipe using one of the methods on UBCD should be
sufficient unless you are afraid that the government will try to recover
the data. Of course, soaking it in Salt water or sanding off the
magnetic material will work. Tapes are more difficult. I am not aware of
any tape eraser, but you can run through the tape writing patterns. Then
pysically destroy the tape.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix