[Discuss] Fwd: Re: Dennis Ritchie, Creator of UNIX and C, Dead at 70

I just saw this on GNHLUG. Dennis was a giant in our industry.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Dennis Ritchie, Creator of UNIX and C, Dead at 70
Date: 	Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:39:55 -0400
From: 	Jon "maddog" Hall <maddog at li.org>
To: 	redwards at golgotha.net
CC: 	gnhlug-discuss at mail.gnhlug.org

Wikipedia has his death listed as December 9th, with attribution to an
announcement made by Rob Pike via Google +.

I trust Rob to have verified it.

Sorrow can not describe the feeling I have now.

md

--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association
Board Member Emeritus: USENIX Association (2000-2006)

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several
countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used
pursuant
    to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
    Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
    countries.