crowdsourced cellular coverage maps

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> One reason I stayed with AT&T (formerly Cingular) is because at my
> house, while I don't get a good signal...I think that some doctors
> blocked a cell tower in Newton a few years ago so there is not very
> good service.

I recently ran across a service that uses a phone app to collect signal
strength data and send it back to their database so they can produce
crowd-sourced coverage maps:

http://opensignalmaps.com/

Not a lot of data in the system, but it does let you see where the
towers are for multiple carriers aggregated onto one map. That alone
might be helpful in deciding which carrier might fare best in an area.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA