Android tablets

Kent Borg wrote:
> -kb, the Kent who is waiting for a good Android tablet (that is as
> beautiful as the Ipad) to become available, so he can promote an
> alternative.

We've had some discussion on the list about the sub-$200 Android
tablets. How about the higher-end models? Anyone own or test drive on of
those? (The ones below are either not available yet or too new, but
there have been a few before these, like the 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab.)

 -Tom

http://mashable.com/2011/01/07/motorola-xoom-android-honeycomb-video/

  The Motorola Xoom is the first tablet to run the Android 3.0
  "Honeycomb" OS. Revealed at CES earlier this week, the device sports a
  1GHz dual core processor, a 10-inch screen and 4G connectivity.

http://mashable.com/2011/02/14/hands-on-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1/

  Samsung just delivered another broadside against Apple in the tablet
  wars. After unveiling a 7-in. Android tablet, the Galaxy Tab, late
  last year to what became an underwhelming customer response, the
  Korean company upped its game, announcing a 10-in. version running a
  better operating system. The Tab 10.1 will be one of the lightest
  tablets in an increasingly crowded marketplace, and it runs Honeycomb,
  the next-generation version of Android optimized for tablets. It
  ships this spring in Europe and Asia; no U.S. launch date has been
  announced yet.

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA