Kernel Recompile Mint Linux

I would take a much closer look not so much at the CPU, but at power
management. What is your time interval before the display goes to sleep.
What setting do you have when you close the lid on battery power.
One of the major uses of power is the display. Certainly every little
thing is a component, and knowing how to tune a Linux and Unix system is
very good experience, although not as necessary today as in the past.

On 11/17/2009 08:28 AM, Chris O'Connell wrote:
> I'm running Mint Linux on a netbook (an MSI Wind U100).  The speed is O=
K,
> but the battery life is not super great.  The battery life is much exte=
nded
> running Windows XP.  I figure if I can limit the CPU usage by
> eliminating unnecessary items from loading I can increase the battery l=
ife
> and speed at the same time.
>
> Further, I'm a bit of a tinkerer and am looking for the experience of
> successfully saying that I've fine tuned my system as much as humanly
> possible.
>
>  =20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix