Having trouble connecting to encrypted wireless where SSID broadcastis OFF

The problem here is that the beacon provides not only the SSID but
also the WPA Parameters.  If you turn off SSID Broadcast then you
turn off the sending of the WPA Parameters.  This means that you,
on the client, need to get those parameters exactly correct in order
to connect to the AP.

Note: turning off SSID broadcast does NOT prevent someone from finding
your AP.  The SSID is still broadcast in the Assoaciation messages, so
someone watching the traffic can still see your SSID.  Nor does turning
off SSID broadcast prevent someone from connecting to it, they can watch
you connect and then replay the data.  Really, all it does is just make
it less convenient for your real users.

If you want to stop users from roaming to your network then put a
password on it.  Turning off SSID on a WPA-protected network just hurts
your real users and provides minimal additional security..

-derek