Re: Error reading block x (Attempt to read block...) (fwd)

 On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 07:35:32AM -0500, Scott R. Ehrlich wrote:
> >As long as you're always going to say "Y", just manually run "fsck
> >-y".
>
> I haven't run fsck in a few years, and never on a current RedHat-based
> distro, in this case, CentOS 5.   After the Error Reading/Force Rewrite
> prompts, what other questions might I be asked, to know if automatic yes

Unless you're a file system hacker, pretty much the only answer you
should ever give to fsck's questions is yes.  Jerry is right though,
your disk is failing.  Once the fsck is completed, back up everything
you can, and replace the disk.  Modern disks have a huge percentage of
the disk surface reserved for bad block replacement (called the spare
block pool), and the fact that you're seeing bad blocks almost
certainly means that the spare block pool is exhausted, meaning your
disk has TONS of bad blocks.  It's only going to get worse...

-=-=-=-=-