Re: To php or not..

 It's a web site offering services. It may evolve into a web site
offering a web service as in some kind of soap interface providing some
kind of low level functionality. Some of the requirements will be some
kind of user login feature through username/password, and basic check
boxes, radio buttons, text entry etc. Of course the db back end is
needed to store data the user will be filling in through the forms etc.

I've done a PHP/MySQL application in the past... back in 1998 or so, and
was pleased with the results I got from it. The thing I didn't like was
the clumsiness of PHP syntax, but it did do want I needed. I'm now
thinking of adopting python as my main coding language, deferring any
c++ stuff for very basic low level work. If I'm on my python learning
curve, I was wondering what it could do for me in putting together a web
site providing a service.

 From everyones input, there's a lot out there! As expected... :) My
only problem now is to try and choose between this pethora of choices...
I feel like I'm in the supermarket in the cereal isle looking to get
some kind of granola...

Thanks for everyones input. Cheers. Steve.