virtualization questions

 Guys,

Now that I'm deep into my Red Hat crisis, (i.e. they pulled their
developers subscription service,) and I have to get up to speed on the
new products red hat sells, I'm trying to wrap my head around all this
virtualization mumbo jumbo...

What it seems to come down to is if I should get the red hat server or
the red hat desktop work station edition. Reading through the red hat
server info pages at redhat.com, it talk up a big deal about red hat 5
and its virtualizaiton capability. They also talk about this in their
desktop with multiple OS version. Are these the same kind of
virtualization or is the server a hardware based, and the desktop a
software based? In the server info pages, they talk about needing a CPU
or server which has hardware support for virtualization. So I go to the
intel site and I get confused as to which processor supports
virtualization. Do all core 2 duo processors support virtualization?
What mother board specs do I need to adhear too to enable the use of the
server level virtualizaion. Is this the same for the desktop multi-OS
version? (There is about a $100 difference between the server and the
desktop version.)

Thanks. Steve.

believed to be clean.