Python heaven...

I switched from VI to Zend IDE for PHP and felt like I went from the
dark ages to enlightenment in one go. Cant believe how much time I lost
not using something like this. Its not that it does things for me, but
the embedded function definitions alone mean less time looking up
syntax, and I finally got used to auto-completion (it did take a while
though) and now find it really neat that I can type only the beginning
of a variable and it will complete for me. The less keystrokes, the
better chance I have of being able to use my hand and fingers when I hit
60 ! :) and being able to jump from one program to another as I drill
down functions and libraries is a godsend .

Richard

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 08:06 -0400, Stephen Adler wrote:
> I've been a gnu-emacs coder for decades... Mainly, I code using
> gnu-emacs as my IDE writing lots of Java and C++ code. But today harolds
> in a new era... I took all day yesterday to setup a debugging system to
> debug python code, (eclipse + pydev) and I'm quite amazed at how much
> I've been missing from the IDE world. It's sort of the same effect I
> felt when I first started using spread sheets about a year ago. (Yup,
> I'm an old dog who hates to learn new tricks...)
>
> How many BLU'ers use IDE's like eclipse or just keep hacking code with
> emacs, (or vi?) issuing make commands in a separate terminal window or
> with the emacs internal compile command? I'm just wondering just how
> behind the times I am...
>
> :)
>
> Steve.

believed to be clean.