Too Technical

Martin Owens wrote:
> Hello all,
I was listening to a user complain that even though he's
> attended a few BLU meetings that the talks are always highly technical
> and way beond the normal linux user of today.
For me that is true.

> Perhaps other events don't even need to be held in MIT, we could just
> pick out a nice pub and chat to users about various things once in a
> while, I know we used to do this in London with various groups, more
> of an afternoon group of people.

This would be good. I would come.

> What are your thoughts and ideas? are we doing too little or perhaps
> we already do too much for the simple linux user.
>
> Best Regards, Martin Owens

I have been to one meeting in the entire 5 + years I have
subscribed to the BLU. Though I think that has more to do
with a busy life than anything else. Most of the BLU
contributers that I met lived outside the easy commuting
range of downtown Boston/Cambridge. I think the monthly
technical topics at the meetings carry more weight in
justifying an evening away from the famiily. If there are
enough folks interested in finding an internet cafe to meet
and share linux / unix experience I would be interested. I
live in Boston, are there others who would be interested?

Jim Kelly-Rand

believed to be clean.