another script question

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, matt nicholson wrote:

> First of all, i want to thank everyone for their help with my scripting
> issues yesterday.
>
> however i've come to the real issue at hand with these filames:
>
> many of them are too long for the xbox filesystem.

According to the documentation I've found, the fatx filesystem used by the
xbox supports filenames of 42 characters:

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Differences_between_Xbox_FATX_and_MS-DOS_FAT

Are your filenames longer than 42 characters, or are they bombing out at 8
characters?  If its failing at 8 characters, make sure you're mounting as
fatx rather than fat.

If the names are actually over 42 characters, then ignore me, and I'm sure
someone else will have useful suggestions :)