Say goodbye to Speakeasy

Ok, time for my $0.02

I think that independent DSL companies aren't going away, but they are
going to become more expensive.  Speakeasy already is a premium service,
and people seem to be willing to pay for that.  Since telcos are no longer
going to be forced to share their lines, my money is on them simply jacking
up their prices to try and squeeze out the other DSL providers.

In Australia there is less regulation in the DSL world, and the main telco
there pretty much charges resellers and its own customers the same for a
DSL line.  That means people can get cheaper service by going straight to
the phone company.  Independent resellers do exist down under, though.

If people are willing to pay extra to have things like unblocked ports and
static IPs, I think the DSL companies and the telcos will work out a way to
provide that.

Maybe I just didn't get enough sleep this past weekend, though.

--
"Could I have been anyone other than me?"
--Dave Matthews Band--

Kindly yours,
Billy SG McCarthy