Say goodbye to Speakeasy

On Monday 08 August 2005 1:24 pm, Rich Braun wrote:
> Could you shed some light on what you're thinking of? ?Taxation,
> regulatory carrots and sticks, what?
The FCC ruling is new, although all the affected companies have prepared for
it.
The phone companies have wanted to compete with the cable companies in
phone, Internet and cable TV services. Will this ruling have the effect of
the phone companies freezing out the independent ISPs from the DSL market?

And again, there is state and local regulation that complicates things more.

personally, I don't think that Earthlink, Speakeasy and AOL are going away.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group