never ending process

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 9:57 am, David Backeberg wrote:
> We use Citrix on our linux clients to attach to Windows 2k server
> successfully. If it helps at all, this is the Citrix ICA Client for Linux
> version 7.00.77757. The newest copyright date says 2003, so maybe a newer
> version of the client broke things.
The client I initially downloaded was 6.x (2002) from the site I needed. I
subsequently downloaded 8.0 for both Linux and for Windows.
On Windows, I log in through the challenge page, the client login page and I
am presented with 2 applications:
Putty (using exceed on the Citrix server) and Putty(direct, no X).
On Linux going through the firewall here, I get a message that the SSL
server is not accepting connections (this is a Citrix SSL server at my
Partner site not here).

On Windows (XP or 2000) and Linux at home, when I click on Putty, it paints
the terminal window with a Linux login on our partner's network. Once I
enter my user name, I get the password prompt. At this point, the terminal
window tends to rapidly go in and out of focus. This happens all the time
with the exceed/putty. The non-exceed putty is a bit more stable, but while
I was composing this email, I went to check the W2K system and the window
is back to the rapid flash mode. We brought up the task manager, and found
it was taking up a lot of CPU (the system is an ancient Compaq Deskpro I
installed to see if the problem also exists on 2K). I think I only have the
Citrix Web client installed on the W2K box. So, the focus problem exists on
both Linux (2.6 kernel, KDE) using the full Citrix client software with the
plugin for Firefox not going through a firewall, and for Windows XP (using
the full client both 6.0 and 8.0) and Windows 2K on the corporate firewall
and proxy servers, and one of our partner XPs in the porting center that
does not need a proxy server on our department firewall.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group