Recommended hardware for Linux/3D/rendering?

What's he using for his rendering program?

If this is a program that can take advantage of the superior math
capabilities of the Opteron, then he should definitely go for an
Opteron-based (Athlon-64) system.

Depending on these images, and the way they're rendered, he may not gain
that much from a super-highend video card, but perhaps this person has
computer experts in the field that know these things.

--
David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)
Network Staff Assistant