Using Samba with WinXP

I've used Samba for years with different printers on my Linux desktop. I
initially had a bear of a time to get it working. Once I got it working, it
has worked through several Linux releases (SuSE 5.x to 7.3). One problem I
found was that the directory I used for my Samba spool needs to have the
proper permissions and ownership. By using the Samba logs you can figure
this out.

Also, the Windows systems were originally Windows 95 to 98 to 98SE to Me.

Secondly I'm surprised you have not got Shirley to use Linux :-)

I don't remember what my original Samba problem was, but I tried a lot of
things and smb.conf files thanks to frinds on this list and other Unix
friends. The solution I found was in "Learn Samba in 24 Hours".

I just moved to CUPS, but I have not tested it yet from my wife's machine.