Wednesday's meeting place

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Phil Buckley wrote:

> I have never been on the MIT campus but want to go to the meeting on
> Linux/Apache there tomorrow night. It is scheduled at MIT Building
> 4-370, can anyone give me more specific directions?
>
> I am familiar with the other side of the river, but not Cambridge.
>

>From http://www.blu.org/directions/mit4-370.html :

Getting from the East Garage to 4-370:

Start at the East Garage, facing out from the ramps where you'd drive in.
Follow the path between the two facing buildings, then diagonally along
the walkway to Building 26 on the left. Pass through Building 26 and
several sets of doors to the end, where you'll find a staircase.

Go up the stairs and through the short hall, and turn right at the
Infinite Corridor. Follow the Infinite Corridor a short distance to
Building 4, on the left.

When you find Building 4, go up the stairs to the third floor and follow
the corridor to the right. Room 370 is all the way at the end.

****

>From http://www.blu.org/directions/mit-kendallsq.html :

Getting to Kendall Square and the East Garage (Building 70):

Take the MBTA Red Line to Kendall Square. Come out so you're facing the
Kendall Square entrance on the opposite side of the
street. This is Main Street. If you came from the north (Harvard Square,
Alewife, etc), follow the sidewalk to the left; if you came
from the south (Park Street, Ashmont, Braintree, etc), then cross the
street to the other entrance and follow the sidewalk to the
right. You'll pass a fire station almost immediately. Vassar Street is a
couple blocks down the street, the next street after Ames;
the East Garage is on the corner of Vassar.

      or

Take the Massachusetts Turnpike to Cambridge (Exit 20). Follow the street
from the offramp and continue straight until you reach
Central Square, and take a right onto Massachusetts Avenue. Follow
Massachusetts Avenue to Vassar Street, and turn left onto
Vassar. The East Garage is at the next set of lights on Vassar, to the
right.

      or

Take Memorial Drive towards MIT and Kendall Square. Turn onto Wadsworth
Street, near the easternmost part of MIT. At the first
street after that, turn left and follow it to the end. At the end, turn
right onto Ames Street and follow it out to the first set of lights.
This is Main Street. Turn left onto Main Street, and go one block to
Vassar Street. The East Garage is to your left on the corner of
Vassar and Main.

Email: jabr at blu.org / URL: http://www.blu.org
ICQ#28611923 / AIM abreauj