questions about distributions

Christoph Doerbeck A242369 wrote on 1/11/00 3:33 pm:

>howdy folks,
>
>I'm assembling a document
>on various distributions of
>linux and need some of your
>help.  Any and all comments
>are welcome...  My focus is to
>outline which distributions I
>want to compare in depth at
>in the next phase of my
>research.  My current scope
>has been reduced to the
>following.
>
>Debian / SuSE / Caldera /
>Corel / RedHat
>

>Questions:
>
>(snip)  If you had to
>describe each distribution in
>20 words what would you
>say? What is the focus, how
>does it differ from others?

Red Hat: Recommended for first-time Linux users. It's VERY well set up for
ease of installation, but more advanced users may find that the added
complexity needed to enable this feature is an impediment later on.

>If you had to choose just one
>as a server platform on i86
>architecture, what would
>you pick?

The one my employees know the most about! It's the training costs that
dwarf all other factors.

HTH

Bill Horne