WordPerfect 8

> I downloaded it yesterday.  It has plenty of functionality, it was a snap
> to install, and I printed some good-looking test pages with it.  It
> _works_ pretty well, but it doesn't _look_ as good as Word, entirely
> because of the screen fonts (the printed fonts are fine).  What is the
> story with fonts in X?  Netscape looks OK, and hardly anything else does,
> and Netscape  seems to have its own fonts which nothing else can use.  I'm
> not about to go back to MS Windows, but I find it hard to sell free Unix
> to friends and family when most of the apps have clunky-looking screen
> fonts.

In addition to sending me a document so I can see what you're seeing, could
you tell us what fonts you have installed?

I just checked my system, and noticed that I hadn't installed this package
that came with RHL 5.2:

urw-fonts:
Free versions of the 35 standard PostScript fonts. With newer releases
of ghostscript quality versions of the standard 35 Type 1 PostScript
fonts are shipped. They were donated and licenced under the GPL by
URW. The fonts.dir was specially made to match the original Adobe
names of the fonts, e.g. Times, Helvetica etc. With XFree86, these
fonts are a must to have!

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org