NT issues

>> Leif runs NT and Win95 and when he tries to install Linux he gets
>> some sort of NT crash.  He wants to know if NT and Linux can operate on
>> the same machine.

Yes, they can. We've ftp'ed the NT-Linux mini-howto, which should help.
I'll read through it tomorrow.

 >> Krishnan has run Red Hat's Live CD version but was unable to
>> install Xwindows.  He was not sure which chip set he's using but a
>> probe comes up cyrix model.  He would like to have Linux up for his son
>> who is unfamiliar with DOS/Unix command lines and so getting Xwindows
>> up is important to him.

If Krishnan is trying to run Xwindow from the CD without installing it on the hard drive, he may not be able to, since at least with earlier versions of "live RedHat" the Xwindow could not be run that way. We'll check further on this.