NFS: Port Mapper Failure (Help ME!)

I am trying to NFS to export filesystems.  I have been able to mount
filesystems exported from an AIX machine to the LINUX machine with no
trouble.  However, in trying to get the LINUX portmapper started and
export LINUX file stsems, I get the following message:
Starting daemons: syslogd klogd/etc/rc.d/rc.inet2: Start: command not
found
 portmap inetd lpd mountd nfsd pcnfsd bwnfsdclntudp_create: RPC: Port
mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send

I would appreciate any help.  Thanks,  Jim

my rc.inetd2 file is:

#! /bin/sh
#
# rc.inet2	This shell script boots up the entire INET system.
#		Note, that when this script is used to also fire
#		up any important remote NFS disks (like the /usr
#		distribution), care must be taken to actually
#		have all the needed binaries online _now_ ...
#
# Version:	@(#)/etc/rc.d/rc.inet2	2.18	05/27/93
#
# Author:	Fred N. van Kempen, <waltje at uwalt.nl.mugnet.org>
#

# Constants.
NET="/usr/sbin"
IN_SERV="lpd"
LPSPOOL="/var/spool/lpd"

# At this point, we are ready to talk to The World...
echo "Mounting remote file systems..."
/sbin/mount -a -t nfs		# This may be our /usr runtime!!!

echo -n "Starting daemons:"
# Start the SYSLOGD/Klogd daemons.  These must come first.
if [ -f ${NET}/syslogd ]
then
 echo -n " syslogd"
 ${NET}/syslogd
 echo -n " klogd"
 ${NET}/klogd
fi

Start the SUN RPC Portmapper.
if [ -f ${NET}/rpc.portmap ]
then
 echo -n " portmap"
 ${NET}/rpc.portmap
fi

# Start the INET SuperServer
if [ -f ${NET}/inetd ]
then
 echo -n " inetd"
 ${NET}/inetd
else
 echo "no INETD found.  INET cancelled!"
 exit 1
fi
# Start the NAMED/BIND name server.
# if [ -f ${NET}/named ]
# then
#  echo -n " named"
#  ${NET}/named
# fi

# Start the ROUTEd server.
# if [ -f ${NET}/routed ]
# then
#  echo -n " routed"
#  ${NET}/routed -g -s
# fi

# Start the RWHO server.
# if [ -f ${NET}/rwhod ]
# then
#  echo -n " rwhod"
#  ${NET}/rwhod -t -s
# fi

# Start the various INET servers.
for server in ${IN_SERV}
do
 if [ -f ${NET}/${server} ]
 then
  echo -n " ${server}"
  ${NET}/${server}
 fi
done

# Start the various SUN RPC servers.
if [ -f ${NET}/rpc.portmap ]
then
 if [ -f ${NET}/rpc.mountd ]
 then
  echo -n " mountd"
  ${NET}/rpc.mountd
 fi
 if [ -f ${NET}/rpc.nfsd ]
 then
  echo -n " nfsd"
  ${NET}/rpc.nfsd
 fi
 # Fire up the PC-NFS daemon(s).
 if [ -f ${NET}/rpc.pcnfsd ]
 then
  echo -n " pcnfsd"
  ${NET}/rpc.pcnfsd ${LPSPOOL}
 fi
 if [ -f ${NET}/rpc.bwnfsd ]
 then
  echo -n " bwnfsd"
  ${NET}/rpc.bwnfsd ${LPSPOOL}
 fi
fi

echo

# Done!

Jim
jim at sherwood.mv.com (alias for sherwood-ji at jade.mv.net)
jas at enterprise.uml.edu (my identity at work)
   for HELP reading this message: press Ctrl-Alt-Del