[Discuss] Debian 12 vs. WSL 1

Daniel M Gessel daniel at syntheticblue.com
Sat Jun 24 10:28:46 EDT 2023

On 2023-06-24 10:14, grg wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 06:49:40PM -0400, Daniel M Gessel wrote:
>> As a hobby software developer, I see the benefit: *nix isn't static, so
>> simplification is generally "a good thing". More power to those who use
>> Occam's razor to trim some bloat.
> I agree usrmerge is a good thing, but I'd say it's actually adding bloat
Fair point: the bloat I was thinking of was all the scripts with
workarounds to handle variations, not the few extra links on every
system. A link feels kinda equivalent to one line of code, so if more
scripts lose a line than links are added, it's all good.

And maybe there will be a usrmerge phase 2, where those "legacy" paths
will be dropped.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯