[Discuss] Laptop as a remote access device?

Dale R. Worley worley at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 14 22:45:15 EDT 2022

I'm looking into buying a laptop that's solely a remote access device,
that is, a portable way to use ssh/X windows server to connect to a
workstation that's at home.  Does anyone have advice?  It seems to me
the requirements are:

- compute and disk capacity aren't very important
- physical size and durability are important
- must support ssh/X (assuming it's either a Windows or MacOS system,
  what are the good packages for this?)
- must allow attachment of external keyboard, mouse, and video

Dale