[Discuss] ZFS for an Encrypted External Disk: My Experience and Notes

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Tue Jul 26 22:50:44 EDT 2022

On 7/26/22 19:43, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> Now, the exciting part!!! ZFS does a lot of awesome things.

For years I was a big fan of Linux software raid 1 (could never afford
fancier raid levels), until disks outgrew it: In my raid 1 setups one
hiccough and one whole damn disk needs to be rewritten. As disks get
bigger and bigger, that starts to be a real problem.

I have not yet played with however ZFS does raid-like stuff, but I am
assuming it is wiser...

-kb