[Discuss] Ubuntu 20.04 systems won't boot Ubuntu 22.04

Sunny Commercial sunny at laymusic.org
Fri Jul 8 13:37:47 EDT 2022

I now  have two machines that seem to be working fine on Windows, but refuse to boot windows on Linux.

They are both Dell machines.  The first one stopped when I had a problem I didn't feel like looking at and decided to upgrade from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04.  I tried a whole bunch of things (I could boot from rescue cd's) and decided to buy a new computer, which I eventually got 22.04 working on, and then after a month it stopped booting linux as well.

If I weren't a homeless refugee, I would have two working linux systems at all times, and if one of them broke, I could install the necessary stuff from the backup to the other one.  But there was a fire in my building and I've been staying in a quarter of a dark attic room with no space for a desktop computer.

I can tell this story in more detail if anyone is interested.  They are both Dell laptops with ubuntu 22.04 installed.  The newer one was booting fine last Tuesday, and now goes into emergency mode when I try to boot linux.

Any ideas?

Laura Conrad