How to use MRTG to monitor an application's bandwidth use?

John Abreau john.abreau at zuken.com
Tue Aug 29 12:39:21 EDT 2006

I just set up MRTG for the first time, and I've got it querying my pix
firewall for basic traffic monitoring.  My boss is looking for something
to monitor a specific application to measure its bandwidth use.

Specifically, we've got an application server in our Munich office,
running Windows 2003 Server, and the office staff here in the US is
being trained to use it with Citrix.

I'm not sure where to begin in order to monitor just the Citrix traffic.
Is there a way to pick out just this traffic and monitor it in MRTG?

--
John Abreau
IT Manager

believed to be clean.