GNU FreeIPMI

John Abreau john.abreau at zuken.com
Mon Aug 28 13:54:00 EDT 2006

I was spec'ing out a new server this afternoon, and I saw an option for
an IPMI board. When I googled to find out what that was, I discovered
it's a management interface for server hardware, apparently offering
BIOS-level access to a server's hardware over a network.

There's also a GNU FreeIPMI project available at

     http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/

It sounds like it would be an interesting topic for a BLU meeting. Has
anyone here used IPMI, and would they be willing to give a talk on it
or recommend a good speaker on the topic?

Thanks.

--
John Abreau
IT Manager