Backups

Andrew Medico a.medico at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 21:06:45 EDT 2006

On 8/23/06, Chris OConnell <omegahalo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've pretty much switched to Suse entirely, but am unable to figure out how
> to perform a backup.  I assume there must be a CP parameter that will say
> "copy everything in this directory recursively (hidden files too) and verify
> them for size when you are done."

The -R option will make cp copy recursively, but it does not have any
facility for verification. For more information, see the cp man page.

If you need verified copies, check out rsync. It also adds the
advantage of not copying unchanged data when you do a second backup to
a particular target.

--
Andrew Medico <a.medico at gmail.com>

believed to be clean.