mod_auth_pam

Stephen Adler adler at stephenadler.com
Fri Aug 18 11:24:22 EDT 2006

I think its coming down to the fact that httpd is on a port which is
greater than 1024 and there is something in ypserv.conf about
restricting getting shadow.byname to high port number requests.

snipit from /etc/ypserv.conf
# Not everybody should see the shadow passwords, not secure, since
# under MSDOG everbody is root and can access ports < 1024 !!!
*                          : *       : shadow.byname    : port
*                          : *       : passwd.adjunct.byname : port

I need to do more research on ypserv.conf...