iwconfig gives ath0: no such device

Ken Gosier ken at kg293.net
Wed Aug 16 05:30:11 EDT 2006

I downloaded and installed all the 0.9.1 rpm's from:

http://madwifi.org/suse/10.1-i386/

The ones with kmp in the name told me I was missing a kernel dependency.
Still I get no joy from 'modprobe ath_pci'. (Also, there were no ath_pci*
files under /lib/modules.)

The output of uname -a is:

Linux linux-w0zs 2.6.16.13-4-smp #1 SMP Wed May 3 04:53:23 UTC 2006 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Probably now I should try to build madwifi from the tarball. It needs
kernel sources to make itself; hopefully I can track them down from YaST.

Many thanks for all the help so far--