iwconfig gives ath0: no such device

Ken Gosier ken at kg293.net
Tue Aug 15 20:53:51 EDT 2006

Hi, I've been trying various things. If I do iwconfig, I get

lo     no wireless extensions
eth0   no wireless extensions
sit0   no wireless extensions

I got madwifi rpm's that are built for SuSE 10.1 and did rpm -Uvh on them,
then ran the command given in the steps, with the result:

linux-w0zs:~ # wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode sta
wlanconfig: ioctl: No such device

I should also say, the card is plugged in, and works under Windows.
Lastly, I did:

linux-w0zs:~ # modprobe wlan_scan_sta
FATAL: Module wlan_scan_sta not found

Also I did: