Fedora Core 5 freezes on Dell Dimension E510

Stephen Adler adler at stephenadler.com
Mon Aug 14 10:34:19 EDT 2006

The following is my kernel setup. the latest kernel released by FC5
updates still
had the bug which freezes my system after a few minutes after the X11
graphic system
starts up. For me the problem is not the driver, but the kernel.

Cheers. Steve.

[adler at office00 ~]$ uname -a
Linux office00.chevychase.com 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5smp #1 SMP Tue Jun 6
01:52:09 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[adler at office00 ~]$ rpm -qa | grep kernel
kernel-devel-2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
kernel-devel-2.6.17-1.2174_FC5
kernel-smp-devel-2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
kernel-smp-devel-2.6.17-1.2174_FC5