Fedora Core 5 freezes on Dell Dimension E510

Stephen Adler adler at stephenadler.com
Mon Aug 14 09:49:05 EDT 2006

What kind of video card does it have? Did you apply all the FC5 patches?

The reason I ask is that my FC5 install will freeze after a few minutes
of using
X. The problem has to do with the latest kernel. I havn't been able to
upgrade to
the latest kernel and still use the original one which came with the
original base
distribution of FC5. I have an ATI firegl x1 graphics card.

Cheers. Steve.