Clueful [A]DSL provider wanted

Ward Vandewege ward at pong.be
Thu Aug 10 13:30:22 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 11:32:08AM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Also note that Comcast provides business class services including static IP
> addresses.
>
> For the most part both Speakeasy and Comcast have good reliable Internet and
> phone services.

With that difference of course that I would put Speakeasy into the generally
'good' category (running servers and sharing of dsl via wifi explicitly
*allowed*, all ports open; all this on *every* line they sell; support with a
clue), whereas I would classify Comcast under generally 'evil' (monopolistic
behaviour; M$ centric; etc). Of course, this is entirely subjective :)

That being said, Speakeasy is not cheap. But if your internet connection is
going to be a business expense, that probably won't matter much.

> However, I would avoid Verizon (as your primary).

Amen :)

Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(    "a loveable, cuddly, stuffed penguin sitting down    )-
Virtual hosting -( after having gorged itself on herring." -- Linus about  )-