back up

Tony Lambiris tonylambiris at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 16:18:01 EDT 2004

I recently migrated from a workstation to a laptop, and I had a lot of
data on my 120 gig HD I didnt want to lose, so I bought a USB/Firewire
enclosure for it for about 30 dollars. I transferred all my documents
over to my laptop, and now I am using rsync to backup my mp3s and
important documents from my home directory. Been working out great so
far.

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:41:53 -0400 (EDT), Gregory Boyce
<gboyce at badbelly.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Eric wrote:

> > Hey, I'm trying to think of the cheapest possible back up method for
> > about 20 gigs (and growing).  How about a USB 2.0 Drive Kit  (around
> > $50), take a crappy throw away computer which contains a perfectly fine
> > hard drive and use that.  Once in a while turn it on, backup and turn in
> > off.  Has anybody used these kits?  Is there an easier cheaper way?
>
> Be careful with those usb 2 drive kits.  I have one that has been nothing
> but problems.  Apparently some of the chipsets there (especially the
> usb/firewire combo kits) have known issues.
>
> I'd consider the usb drive kits the way to go, but I would definitely
> suggest researching before purchasing.

+ Cannot find nsabackdoor.dll. Please re-install Windows.