Bootable CD w/OS for firewall

Eric eric235u at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 09:32:30 EDT 2004

--- mimiahjjjjohnsonunrise-lilinuxom> wrote:

> advantage being if you get owned, you burn a new
cdcd> and reboot.  Since
> its all a read-only fifilesystemhat loads into
> memory anything an
> attacker does is temporary.

Forgive my ignorance as I've never used one of these,
but why burn a new cdcdunless of course there's a new
version) why not just use the same cdcdnd reinstall?
What about updates?  Do you have to take your router /
firewall down and and reinstall each time there's an
update?  That would suck.  If this is ununnecessarynd
updates are stored on the hard drive, then why use a
cdcdt all?  mmmmmnnn.  SmSmoothwalls such a breeze to
use while still offering more sophisticated control,
unless there's more reasons to go live cdcdI'll stick
with what i got.  So why does the original poster want
a cdcd

=====
D. Eric Chadbourne
http://caffeinated.homelinux.net/