Bootable CD w/OS for firewall

Eric eric235u at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 09:01:00 EDT 2004

--- Bob George <mailings02 at ttlexceeded.com> wrote:

> miah wrote:
>
> > doesnt smoothwall do all this already?
>
> It certainly does the lightweight firewall portion.
> After a quick skim
> of the website, I'm not under the impression it's
> meant as "run from CD".

Hi.  I am currently using smoothwall and it's very
easy to configure and a real pleasure to use.  Last
night I was trying to get my buddies crappy dell
wireless router to work.  2 hours and all I could get
was the wireless part to work but not the ethernet.  I
almost lost my mind.  I have also owned linksys
products and like them for what they are.  So ah, why
do you want to run off a cd?  Is the security
advantage that great?  (I have not tried using
smoothwall this way and I'm not sure if you can.)
Good Luck!

=====
D. Eric Chadbourne
http://caffeinated.homelinux.net/