Floppies becoming obsolete

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Wed Sep 8 20:14:01 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 07:46:44PM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Speaking of obsolete floppies and the prices of USB and CF drives I was
> wondering if there are any drives to stay away from. When I mentioned
> $40, I had quickly looked up a retail price at Best Buy, which is not my
> favorite place:
>
> Lexar - 256MB USB 2.0 JumpDrive $59.99 before the $20.00 mail in rebate.
>
> So, I'm curious to see what brands some people on this list are using
> successfully or unsuccessfully.

Have used this:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2394064

USB drive EL-Cheapo digital camera $16.67.

USB connectivity works great, pics transfer easily w/FC2 Digital camera
tools

BTW - it takes really terrible pictures,
but what do you want for $17?  :)

Bottom Line - USB memory drives seems to be really well supported
and they are getting cheaper all the time.  I suspect they are on the
verge of becoming commodity-like impulse buy items - like chewing gum.

Random selection - never used it:
http://store.yahoo.net/s168/ge25usb20flm.html
 256 MB USB pen drive - $31.00

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=83009
	256 MB card 37.50, free shipping.

--
Linux/Open Source.  Now all your base belongs to you, for free.